- Quick Start Guide
- Product activation
- Online manual
- Product Information
- Address book
- OpenLDAP setup
- Active Directory setup instruction
- Custom data
Ozeki brings you outstanding
SMS Gateway technology. Use our SMS Server products on Windows,Linux, or Android
C# SMS API
Developers can use our C# SMS API to send SMS from C#.Net. The C# SMS API comes with full source code
PHP SMS API
The ozeki PHP SMS gateway software can be used to send SMS from PHP and to receive SMS usig PHP on your website
SMPP SMS Gateway
SMS service providers use our SMPP gateway solution, that offers a high performance SMPP server and SMPP client gateway with amazing routing capabilities
Tutorial for creating LDAP address book
LDAP is the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol that is used as an open and cross platform protocol for authenticating directory services. It uses IP networks to edit directories and runs directly over TCP/IP using simple string formats for data transfer. It is mostly used, because other database types have their own protocol, so if you change server, you must change all the clients at the same time. On the other hand, LDAP specifies how clients should encode requests and how servers should encode responses. This way, in case of a server change you don’t need to change clients. You can use this protocol with the Ozeki Bulk Messenger, to create an address book with the contents from an active directory.Please follow this step-by-step tutorial to do so.
Step 1 - Make an address book
The first step is to open the Ozeki SMS Bulk Messenger, and select the “Quick Start tab. Now you started the initialization procedure. You must select “Step 1 – Make an address book” button. Press it to proceed to the next step. You can find the button on Figure 1.
Step 2 - Create LDAP address book
Click on the 'Create new Address book' button, which you can find on Figure 2.
The 'Address book details' window will appear on the right. This is where you can select the type of the address book you would like to create. In this case please select 'LDAP'.
Step 3 - Provide a name for your Address book
In the 'Address book name:' field you can give a name for your address book to make it easier to identify later. The other fields are the property of the new address book.
- 'LDAP server:' The IP address and port number of your LDAP server
- 'Username or DN:' The search query will be initiated using this user. If not specified, the search will be anonymous.
- 'Password:' The password belonging to this user.
- 'Security:' This type of authentication is required when using Active Directory services.
'Search options:' These settings specify the search behaviour of this provider.
- 'Search DN:' The LDAP addressbook provider will issue the search requests in this DN. E.g. "cn=myaddressbook,dc=test,dc=com" where com is the root node, test is an organization under the root node, and myaddressbook is an organizational unit of test organization.
- 'Filter:' The LDAP addressbook provider will look for the classes defined here (delimited by colons or semicolons).
Step 4 - Property Mappings
You can use the LDAP protocol for collecting contacts from an LDAP server. Here you can add server connection settings and search options.
- Addressbook property (first column: Name, Phone, Email): This is the name of the property used by the addressbook in Ozeki Bulk Messenger.
If you use OpenLDAP server, you can find the LDAP Property names in the attribute column of the Ldapadmin application.
If you wish to use the Active directory of Windows Server, you can find the attribute names under the attribute editor tab, in the attribute column.
Now that you have successfully connected your database to the Ozeki Bulk Messenger, you can start sending bulk messages to everyone in your contact list.
Step 5 - Manage contacts
Now if you need to manage your contacts, you can do it from the Ozeki app. To get to the contact management window, please click “x contacts”. The x represents the number of contacts you have. You can find the button on Figure 7.
On this window, you can manage your imported contacts, add new ones or refresh the list manually, which will search the Active Directory and add in the new contacts. You can see the window on “Figure 8”.
We hope that this guide was helpfull. If you have any problem with any of the steps, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to create a Standard Address book in Ozeki Bulk Messenger software
- How to import contacts from XLSX list to Ozeki Bulk Messenger software
- How to import contacts from a CSV document
- How to connect SQL database
- Combining address books tutorial
- How to create an Android address book in Ozeki Bulk Messenger
- How to copy an address book
- How to import contacts from a TXT document